The best coach for me when I was in college playing ball. He was somebody that just tore me up because he told me I could not do something. He said that I didn't deserve the scholarship. He told me this because he knew I'd do anything prove him wrong. A good coach knew how to pull that out of me. He knew that was my personality style which meant it wouldn't work for someone else. I knew what would get Julie moving. The most difficult thing I had to do was to say that with a straight face to her. I wanted to hug her after because I could tell what it did to her. But, I knew what it would do. It was like medicine.
Has anyone ever had a cold growing up? You did not want to take the awful tasting cough syrup, right? Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, whoever, forced you to take it because they knew once the medicine was in your belly you'd feel better. That is what I did to Julie. She did the book and finished it.
The first week it was out, the very first week it was out 400 copies were bought by, I believe it was Girl Scouts of America, at $17.00 a book. This was the very first week. They asked Julie to come and speak at the national convention. She has sold in the last year, I think, it was about 10,000 books at $17.00 per book. She has a profit in there of about 13 bucks. Take 13 bucks times 10,000 and how much is that? She called me up one day and said, "I can tell you one thing is for sure."
I said, "What is that?"
She said, "It's not going to take me this long to do a second book."
Rave reviews from girls whose lives are changed by the letters coming in and, moms writing to her. Watch this action. Just to make sure she doesn't get into that perfectionist mode again. Allow me to tell you how much of a perfectionist she was before my coaching. She used to have these T-shirts. She was Ms. Virginia, by the way. She had these T-shirts that said, "I'm a Princess." She'd give all of the girls I'm a Princess shirts, and she would have her crown there. They would take photos. She treated them really well. I couldn't believe she did this, and I still joke about it with her to this day. These were like sequined shirts. She used to sit there before her presentation for a week and glue every little bead on every little shirt. "Julie, what are you doing? We can get somebody to make these for you." "Yea, but they just have to look perfect."
I said, "How many T-shirts did you sell?"
She said, "I don't know. In the past 3 or 4 years maybe 3."
One day she gets a phone call and here's what's funny. Each time she says she's coming back to a boot camp, she ends up getting on TV on a TV show, or the Today Show or someone calls her. I tell her just say you're coming to every boot camp, book your hotel room, book your flight and you'll get a TV show. She was supposed to come to the one last spring, I think it was, and a show called MADE from MTV calls her out of nowhere. They ask her to come on as a guest coach. She was supposed to come to the last one, and something else happened for her. She was supposed to come to the one three times ago, and the Today Show calls. She literally would call me 3 days before the boot camp and say, "I can't come. I have got to go to New York. I am going on the Today Show." I'm like, "Great!" Stop being a perfectionist, folks. Good enough is good enough.
Has anyone ever had a cold growing up? You did not want to take the awful tasting cough syrup, right? Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, whoever, forced you to take it because they knew once the medicine was in your belly you'd feel better. That is what I did to Julie. She did the book and finished it.
The first week it was out, the very first week it was out 400 copies were bought by, I believe it was Girl Scouts of America, at $17.00 a book. This was the very first week. They asked Julie to come and speak at the national convention. She has sold in the last year, I think, it was about 10,000 books at $17.00 per book. She has a profit in there of about 13 bucks. Take 13 bucks times 10,000 and how much is that? She called me up one day and said, "I can tell you one thing is for sure."
I said, "What is that?"
She said, "It's not going to take me this long to do a second book."
Rave reviews from girls whose lives are changed by the letters coming in and, moms writing to her. Watch this action. Just to make sure she doesn't get into that perfectionist mode again. Allow me to tell you how much of a perfectionist she was before my coaching. She used to have these T-shirts. She was Ms. Virginia, by the way. She had these T-shirts that said, "I'm a Princess." She'd give all of the girls I'm a Princess shirts, and she would have her crown there. They would take photos. She treated them really well. I couldn't believe she did this, and I still joke about it with her to this day. These were like sequined shirts. She used to sit there before her presentation for a week and glue every little bead on every little shirt. "Julie, what are you doing? We can get somebody to make these for you." "Yea, but they just have to look perfect."
I said, "How many T-shirts did you sell?"
She said, "I don't know. In the past 3 or 4 years maybe 3."
One day she gets a phone call and here's what's funny. Each time she says she's coming back to a boot camp, she ends up getting on TV on a TV show, or the Today Show or someone calls her. I tell her just say you're coming to every boot camp, book your hotel room, book your flight and you'll get a TV show. She was supposed to come to the one last spring, I think it was, and a show called MADE from MTV calls her out of nowhere. They ask her to come on as a guest coach. She was supposed to come to the last one, and something else happened for her. She was supposed to come to the one three times ago, and the Today Show calls. She literally would call me 3 days before the boot camp and say, "I can't come. I have got to go to New York. I am going on the Today Show." I'm like, "Great!" Stop being a perfectionist, folks. Good enough is good enough.
About the Author:
James Malinchak, Featured on ABC's Hit Tv Show Secret Millionaire, is recognized as by many people experts as the World's #1 Big Money Speaker Coach and Trainer. For Absolutely free Video Trainings on how to receive money to speak and the way to be a becoming a motivational speaker, try more and learn more.
No comments :
Post a Comment