Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Debt Services & the Way Nintendo Recently Shifted

By Rob Sutter


It seems like matters have shifted quite a bit for Nintendo. Arguably the greatest video game mogul in the world has seen a shift in the CEO in the branch of America, which may change how games are brought over to the United States. However, more disheartening rules revolve around the potential losses that the company may see in the future. While this particular entity does not seem to be one that is starving for money, I think that debt services would have been found in any other instance.

While it's been touted by Nintendo of America CEO Satoru Iwata that the company will post a $1 billion operating profit this year, others remain skeptical. An article on Bloomberg believed differently, stating that Iwata would post a second annual straight loss, 18.7 billion yen in the past twelve months to be more exact. This doesn't seem like a terribly surprising piece of news, though. While I pride myself on being a fan of the company in many respects, I'd be lying if I said that they didn't make questionable choices.

It seems like the Wii U has been a hotbed of sorts as far as criticism is concerned. Fans seem to not realize that this is an entirely new console when set side by side with the Wii, which was quite popular during the previous generation. I think that the Wii U's litany of games does not make it the best purchase at the moment but that doesn't mean that Nintendo should become slothful. They have to be able to kick matters into gear before the negative response to the system's handling becomes too much.

I think that debt services can play a great part in helping just about any company but would it specifically assist Nintendo? The problem with pairing off Nintendo with a strong agency like Rapid Recovery seems to be twofold. One of the reasons is that the company is still financially stable, even though the Wii U has only been treading along at a snail's pace. The other reason is that people still enjoy Nintendo, whether for nostalgic or child-friendly purposes, and that the titles produced by the company will be top notch.

I think that debt services are able to assist a number of people in addition to companies. I don't think that these are going to operate well for everyone and I believe Nintendo can get along enough without them. However, the company still has to keep matters in check. Both investors and consumers alike have to see the brand as an attractive one so that, in time, the name of Nintendo will be brought to a high level which it deserves to stake claim to.




About the Author:





No comments :

Post a Comment